Associate Implementation Engineer
Vice President of Innovation
Remote: anywhere in the U.S.A. Must be able to work Eastern Time
Great People Deserve Great Benefits:
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Integration team fills critical roles involved in all aspects of helping manufacturers aggregate retailer sales data with other internal and external data within the VELOCITY® platform. Data ingestion and harmonization is the initial stage of preparing data to be used by analytics experts. This foundational layer will be essential to building artificial intelligence and machine learning and driving analytics-based insights. Information should not be limited to point-of-sale data but also focus on developing and executing a holistic capability with the client for the proper use of structured and unstructured data. Data will include many sources and outcomes, including sell-in, point-of-sale, inventory, demographic, weather, and loyalty, to name a few.
Daily data is our focus, acknowledging that many business decisions are presently built around weekly or even monthly data. Properly integrating daily and non-daily data is both a science and an art, and the integration team is essential for success. This role is remote-based and will primarily be an individual contributor while assisting and working with other team members.
- Implement solutions using VELOCITY tools, industry standards, and best practices to integrate retailer and supplier data sources into the VELOCITY demand signal repository.
- Identify, analyze, and document application and data quality issues; work closely with internal and external personnel for timely remediation.
- Identify recurring incidents and trends, and escalate appropriately.
- Support projects and participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Participate in established processes to drive out inefficiencies, operationalize recurring incidents, and continuously work to improve the team's client satisfaction.
- Insightful and looks for ways to incorporate new, improved thinking.
- Ensures documentation for implementations are complete and up to date, along with maintaining internal knowledgebases to reduce effort on future implementations.
- Resolves problems regarding VELOCITY applications and systems. Supports peers with resolution of client-side production problems after problems have escalated through existing support systems.
- Provide data analysis, report design and development, write stored procedures, SQL functions, scripts, triggers, and views using Microsoft SQL Server tools and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Prioritize, develop, and document technical best practices and standards; champion them within the organization.
- Help mentor and train peers in VELOCITY and overall system design principles.
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience or a recent college degree in Computer Science, Data Analysis, Quantitative Analysis, or Mathematics.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with the Windows Server operating system, including handling files, navigating folders, accessing shared network folders, remote desktop access, and executables.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, including formatting and formulas.
- Experience with tab delimited and comma separated file formats.
- A strong desire to learn, with organizational skills, time management, and self-starting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, mathematical, or business analysis field.
- Experience with Windows command prompt, batch scripting, or PowerShell.
- Expertise with Microsoft SQL Server or other database engines and structured query languages.
- Microsoft certifications or technical certifications, especially Microsoft Azure-certified.
- Knowledge of supply chain, retail, or consumer goods business issues.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without sponsorship.
Retail Velocity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RV’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. RV also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
RV will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.